Sunday, September 18, 2011

Double Digits

Heidi is 10 years old!  This has definitely been weird for me, as her mother, having her turn 10.  What adds to the weirdness is the fact that she was born the day before 9/11 and having the ten year anniversary stories all over the news.  It brings back so many memories.  Good memories (of my new baby), horrible memories (of 9/11), and life changing memories (of becoming a mother).  How could ten years have gone by already?  I couldn't ask for a more wonderful child though, so talented and kind.  I'll never forget her first grade teacher complimenting us on how nice Heidi was to the other kids in her class.  She wanted to know how we taught her that, but I don't think we taught her.  She taught us and is still teaching us every day.  All three of our kids do.  They are such a blessing in our lives.

No comments: